Los Angeles Drug Crimes Defense Lawyer
Los Angeles Drug crimes in California involve the possession, sale, transportation, manufacturing, transportation for sale of an unlawful narcotic, money laundering, drug trafficking and distribution. Los Angeles narcotics crimes and Southern California drug offenses are the unlawful use or possession of narcotics including cocaine in its base form (crack), marijuana, methamphetamine (speed), heroin, LSD, cocaine, PCP, ecstasy, as well as unauthorized use, possession or sale of prescription drugs such as Vicodin or Oxycontin.
Some of the Los Angeles and Southern California drug crimes include the following:
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Possession of a narcotic
- Possession for Sale of a Controlled Substance
- Transportation of a Controlled Substance
- Transportation for Sale of a Controlled Substance
- Sale or Furnish a Controlled Substance to a Minor
- Selling a Substance in Lieu of a Controlled Substance
California leads the United States with drug prosecutions. The penalties for a conviction of a drug crime can vary greatly. The prosecutor files charges depending on the type of drug, the quantity, whether the drug is possessed for personal use or for sale, and the past criminal record of a person. The consequences of a conviction can result in imprisonment in jail or prison, probation or parole after a person is released from custody, enormous legal fines, restitution to law enforcement for the cost of investigation, mandatory Los Angeles drug counseling, registration as a drug offender with local law enforcement, and having a driver’s license revoked. In many cases, Los Angeles warrants are issued and a person may be extradited from out of state to face charges on their Southern California warrants.
Los Angeles drug crimes will be used to enhance future sentencing if a person is convicted of a crime. Commonly, law enforcement will charge a person with possession for sale even if the person possessed the narcotics for personal use. It is important to hire an aggressive Los Angeles drug crimes lawyer to handle these types of cases. In many cases, a highly trained Southern California drug crime defense attorney may have the possession charges thrown out completely because of unfair practices by law enforcement. In other cases, serious drug cases that could result in a prison sentence of life may be pled down to simple possession charges and a person may be eligible for a drug diversion program and counseling, rather than jail time.
In some cases, law enforcement will have executed Los Angeles search warrants in homes and vehicles that they believe house illegal narcotics. If drugs are found, the property will be seized and forfeited. If this happens, a person will lose their property forever. This includes homes, cars and money.
Hiring an Aggressive and Experienced Los Angeles Warrant Attorney
It is critical that a person who is arrested or charged with a Southern California drug crime contact Los Angeles drug crime attorney Jesse Ruiz. Mr. Ruiz has the knowledge and experience to fight a drug crime case. Attorney Jesse Ruiz is a Los Angeles criminal defense attorney that has been helping clients in Southern California fight their drug crime charges. At Costen Ruiz Law, we believe hiring an attorney should feel like lifting a tremendous burden from your shoulders. We take on your problems, and proactively resolve them as if they were our own. We invite you to contact our office to determine if we can be of assistance to you. We are experts in the following practice areas: DUI Attorney Criminal Defense Law Domestic Violence Attorney Warrant Attorney Drug Possession Lawyer Investigation Attorney Fraud Lawyer Contracts Attorney Immigration Attorney Deportation Lawyer Removal Lawyer. We will go to court with you and assist in getting you released from custody and explaining to the judge why you should not be held in jail. We can also assist in having a bail bondsman in court to facilitate an immediate release from custody. When you learn there is a Los Angeles drug crime case filed against you, contact Los Angeles criminal defense attorney Jesse Ruiz at the Costen Ruiz Law at 1-844-426-7836.
- Drug Possession
- Medical Marijuana
- Los Angeles Cocaine Defense Attorney
- Los Angeles Heroin Attorney
- Manufacturing a Controlled Substance in Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Methamphetamine Attorney
- Possessing Drug Manufacturing Materials in Los Angeles
- Possession for Sale of a Controlled Substance in Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Prescription Drug Attorney
- Selling Synthetic Stimulant Compounds in Los Angeles
- Drug Entrapment in Los Angeles
- Possession for Sale of Methamphetamine in Los Angeles
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia in Los Angeles
- Possession of Methamphetamine in Los Angeles
- Sale or Transportation of a Controlled Substance in Los Angeles
- Selling Marijuana to a Minor in Los Angeles
- Selling or Transporting Methamphetamine in Los Angeles
- Selling Synthetic Marijuana in Los Angeles
- Under the Influence of a Controlled Substance Attorney